WE-Change is focused on equipping women with the tools to advocate and become activists for the creation of a world that recognizes and protects the rights of all people, regardless of nationality, socio-economic status, abilities, race, gender or sexuality.
WE will achieve its objective of a more equitable and just world through employing an intersectional approach to matters of importance to LBQ women. WE will utilize organizational and engagement strategies that have served the advancement of the global women’s movement over time and bring the voices, strategies and perspectives of a new generation of feminists and women’s rights activists to the table.
WE will promote feminist ideals, lead societal change, eliminate discrimination, and achieve and protect the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, emotional, spiritual and economic life.
WE-Change envisions a world where the rights of every woman is respected and WE are treated as full human beings, with access to our potential in a caring and empathetic world where the voices and contributions of LBQ women are noticed and amplified.
WE have engaged partners, civil society organisations and our primary stakeholders through our social media presence, programmes, events and campaigns which spread awareness of and promote conversations on a plethora of issues related to human rights, climate change, gender based violence, social and economic justice and the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls.
Strategic objectives (2020- 2025)
- Increase the participation of LBQ Women in national and regional leadership.
- Creation of safe and alternative spaces that facilitate LBQ women’s healing and wellbeing
- Enhance the sustainability of the organization through outreach, partnerships and institutional capacity development.
- Promote equity in health, security, the workplace and wealth-creation
- Create and put into practise individual and collective healing work within WE-Change